Thursday, July 17, 2008

lovely

i recently won!!! the gift package from kathie at two frog home. it arrived yesterday and was waiting in my mailbox for me last night. this am (i was very tired and had cranky kids so i had to wait) i opened it to find all these wonderful gifts:the future of food dvd (i've been wanting to watch this and i have several friend who want to watch it too), a montana guide cd (we are always looking at new states to decide where we want to live after our older kids are grown, this may give us the montana bug!), some montana huckleberry preserves (i've never had huckleberries and can't wait to try them!), recipe cards (always useful and quite lovely too), coffee cookies (wow, these rock!) and molasses spice (and these too) cookies, a beautiful glass drop sun catcher (my favorite color, it is stunning, i need to take a picture of it in the window after i take some vinegar and water to the window!), a lined handsewn tote bag with a garden angel on it (beautifully sewn and again, in green! i'm going to have to convince jaden that it's mine, not hers as she is going to love that angel on there) and a handy apron (see below).i love this apron! i'm always wearing pocketless skirts and it's too hot to wear my longer aprons right now so this is going to be my best friend. i can store my camera in there, my small garden clippers, eggs, seeds and anything else that i need to hide away in my pockets.

thank you so much kathie! this was such an awesome gift box. you are amazing. your sewing and baking skills are coveted by me.

and, since it was so much fun opening and unwrapping everything and seeing all the goodies, i'm going to pass on the joy. that's right! i'm going to send one lucky reader a package put together by me. if you want to be included in the drawing, let me know in the comments what your favorite subject is in my blog and i'll add you to a drawing. you have until wednesday, july 23 to sign up. this gift package will include a few of herbal products, something homemade and a few other goodies i have about.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad you enjoyed the package. You're always welcome to come visit my part of Montana to just get a taste of what its like here ;)...

I want to sign up for the package you're giving away too... as for favorite subjects, well geez, all of 'em - herbs, bees, maple tapping...

Kelli said...

I've been enjoying your blog as a lurker. I have never posted before...but I really enjoy how you have your 2008 goals posted and show progress. That inspires me. I found your blog thru Kathie. Check out my blog if you get the chance. Please enter me into your drawing.

It's me said...

Like Kelli, I find your goals and plans to be really helpful. I love lists, especially when you can MARK THINGS OFF!!!

Include me, but I'm already trying to think of what I could offer if I win. Yikes, I can't sew! Better think of something fast, 'cause I can feel the winning coming on!

Carla said...

Tansy - Looks like Kathie is leading a parade over this way... (smile)

I love your photos - my most recent favorite is the view from your kitchen window with the flower in bottle & jars in the foreground.

What a great idea, to continue the giveaway as the winner. Please enter me, & I'm going to start thinking about what I would include in a package if I were to win.

Carla in Idaho

Wild Wisteria Farm said...

What a great gift package and I think your idea of continuing the gift giving is a great one. It gives people in other areas a little taste of home from the person sending it. I love it! I also love your blog. I enjoy reading about all your projects and envy your herb gardens. You have so many different herbs growing. I aspire to do the same. This may be my first post too but I have been a loyal reader (lurker) for quite some time. I would love to win your package so that I could keep it going too.

Anonymous said...

Geez Tansy, I think all your posts are good! I can't pick a favorite, because I think it is the way you view life and write about it that I find refreshing!
Enter me in your giveaway - please.

Danielle said...

Well, my first response is your farm, but that's kinda like saying "everything," isn't it?

So, I guess what I really like is your honesty. I like that I think I can hear your voice when I read your blog. And I also like the details like your photos and lists.

Please enter my in the drawing, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for a little bit of tansy. ;)

Robbyn said...

Wow, you scored! :) What awesome treats! I most enjoy seeing what daily life is..that's my favorite thing about your blog, learning what you're already doing, especially when it comes to the garden, herbs, and animals...well, and kids, too!
I'd love a shot at entering your drawing :)

rachelbess said...

I want to sign up too!

I like reading about the animals, I have chickens (lots more chickens coming soon) and hopefully my duck eggs will hatch this weekend, but since I'm smack dab in the center of Phoenix, I can't really have sheep, goats etc.

rachelbess said...

I want to sign up too!

I like reading about the animals, I have chickens (lots more chickens coming soon) and hopefully my duck eggs will hatch this weekend, but since I'm smack dab in the center of Phoenix, I can't really have sheep, goats etc.

Gina said...

Oh, what fun!

I'm with Kathie-too many great things to pick one, but I will say I love your tutorials!

Deanie said...

Hi there, I enjoy reading about your animals. I do felting and love seeing your sheep!!

The Unusual Farmchick said...

Such lovelies!I do not have just one favorite subject you write about- I love reading all of your posts/subjects (herbs, animals, garden, family..you get the idea.)

The Polar Bear said...

Cool, add me too please! My favorite posts are ones like the one about your kitchen alter. i love hearing about your garden as well.

~plantain~ said...

Can I choose everything? Herbs are what originally brought me to your blog but I enjoy all of it.

Maria said...

Here I am!! Signing up! these gift boxes are so fun!! I need to make another one too!!

Omelay said...

yummy, me too

CoCargoRider said...

I would like to sign up for the gfit drawing
Namaste,
Quinces

Anonymous said...

Its really hard to pick my favorite read on your blog. I am a wanna be homesteader and I love reading it all. I really liked your bee posts a lot though!

Jederah said...

Found your site through Kathie and have been enjoying it. Feel free to visit my own and advice and challenges are always appreciated

Ron said...

Hehe, ok... why not? I especially enjoyed the posts talking about feeding your animals with crops grown for them. But that's just the practical side of what I'm interested in lately. I love the herbs, the daily life, the photos of the soil block maker, the phallic mushroom humor. Shoot, I like it all. Just the sort of blog I was looking for when I was trapped behind an office desk, dreaming of what the next phase of life was going to be when we all got laid off. :)

Sign me up, if you promise not to send the mushroom. LOL

Ron

Mrs. Clemms said...

I am mostly a lurker and love reading about how you grow lots of things for yourself. But my absolute favorite is the Household Binder! I have adapted it for myself as well. It helps me get lots of things done around here!

Anonymous said...

I, too, love the goals on the side bar. Can I be entered? I found your blog through Ron's blog, which I found through the O'Melay's blog which I heard about from a friend who met me through *my* blog. LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails